Thursday, January 20, 2011

Trailer Reviews, Week 1

We moved! You can now find us at our own location, MovieBoozer.com | Movies Measured by the Pint! Movies Rated by Beers! We also have a new forum!

No Strings Attached




So, Natalie Portman, this is your follow-up to your career-best performance?
You know that’s how Eddie Murphy lost his Oscar, right?

Good job, sport!

Outside of the questionable participation of soon to be Mrs. Something Else, this looks like pretty standard Ashton Kutcher romcom fare. I drew it this weekend, so I’m hoping for at least something decent, but it’s hard to glean that from the trailer. Any illusions of competence were shattered by the “Why can’t we just have sex?” line at the end…

Beer Prediction:



Ashton Kutcher means no.


The Way Back


This one is on limited release, and may never get too wide. It has all of the pieces for Oscar love, but they’re probably releasing it too little, too late.

The trailer makes it look like there’s plenty of action, which is good, because that’s the only thing I can see holding this back… slow pacing. In any case, it looks like there’s some beautiful camerawork to be seen. Btw, why the complete lack of Colin Farrell in crazy rusky mode?

Beer Prediction:

I love some Peter Weir, but the late release tells me to hedge just a bit…

2 comments:

  1. So 5 beers for the natalie portman movie is this like how many beers I bring to the movie or it his like I should before I see the movie or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how many beers we think you'll need in your system to be able to tolerate it. It's on you how they get there...

    Just saw the flick, btw. Surprisingly not terrible. I'll be getting a review up soon...

    ReplyDelete