Thursday, February 3, 2011

Trailer Reviews, Week 3

We moved! You can now find us at our own location, MovieBoozer.com | Movies Measured by the Pint! Movies Rated by Beers! We also have a new forum!

Sanctum



Okay, so writing these Thursday night, or rather reading Rotten Tomatoes on Thursday before writing these reviews on Thursday night, might not be the best idea.

Rotten tomatoes just ruin everyone's day...

When I learned I was drawing Sanctum this weekend, I was a little pumped. The crew behind this one helped James Cameron develop the 3D cameras he used to such great effect in Avatar, and it looks like there may be some awesome visuals in this one as well. If the 3D doesn't look good here, I really am done with it.

The critics on Rotten Tomatoes assure, me, however, that the lame one-liners and hints of a generic plot shown in the trailers are pretty much all this film's got outside of those visuals. I may like it more than them, but I can't give it any less than three beers in good conscience.

Beer Prediction



I'll hedge even further and give it four. Let's hope that it looks good at least.

The Roommate



Oh my. This one will be fun. They really will try to turn just about anything into a teen slasher flick. Remember the one about the killer cell phones?

Don't worry. Nobody does.

Well, don't count on remembering this one past next week unless they achieve something truly terrible. Judging by the hokey, supremely non-scary premise and horror setups, The Roommate has a chance. Oh, and the trailer appears to be suggesting that you should never let anyone into your life, because they might kill you... so there's that.

Beer Prediction


This one has six-pack written all over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment