Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Trailer Reviews, Week 5

We moved! You can now find us at our own location, MovieBoozer.com | Movies Measured by the Pint! Movies Rated by Beers! We also have a new forum!

Drive Angry 3D

So this is Nic Cage’s latest “Sure I’ll take the role- I’m broke” role.

The IRS can put that fear into anyone’s eyes

The difference here is that the director knows how to make irreverent, T & A + gore 3D B-movies (My Bloody Valentine 3D) and that could easily play up to Nic Cage’s strengths.

The trailer has hot cars, hot girls, and plenty of explosions. This is not going to be high art, but I’m expecting a pretty good time at the movies.

Beer Prediction

I’m especially looking forward to the interplay between “the devil’s right hand man” William Fichtner and Cage. There’ll be plenty of nits to pick with this one, but the important thing is that it looks like a lot of ridiculous fun.


Hall Pass

The Farrelly Brothers have been in a freefall arguably all the way since There’s Something About Mary (which is the only film of theirs referenced in the publicity, as usual). They’re trying to recapture the magic with a film that doesn’t look much like their style.


Although the only unifying theme I can find is “odd”

The trailer does have some promising moments, and the concept itself seems like something you could ride Hangover-style to glory. Judging by Owen Wilson’s strange awkwardness and the fact that most of the laughs in the trailer don’t hold up over repeat viewings (meaning they’ll get a chuckle when you watch the actual movie if they’re lucky) I kind of doubt it, though. Oh, and I’m glad Richard Jenkins is still doing whatever the fuck he wants…

Beer Prediction

I’m holding out hope that it surprises, but judging by the recent track records of most everyone involved, I’m going to have to predict the lower end of the spectrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment